Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group rebrands to Radisson Hotel Group at IHIF
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group announces its rebranding to Radisson Hotel Group, effective immediately, at the International Hotel Investment Forum (IHIF) in Berlin.
The new identity leverages the powerful, international brand equity of the Radisson name to drive awareness in the marketplace, increase marketing efficiency across the global portfolio and offer exceptional experiences to make Every Moment Matter for guests, owners and talent. Every Moment Matters will be the new signature service philosophy of the company and all its hotel brands.
The new go-to-market name, Radisson Hotel Group, capitalises on a strong partnership between Radisson Hospitality, Inc. (formerly Carlson Hotels, Inc.) and Rezidor Hotel Group AB (publicly listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, Sweden and headquartered in Brussels, Belgium) who has master franchise agreements to develop and operate several brands across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Currently, the 11th largest hotel group in the world, Radisson Hotel Group is made up of eight hotel brands with more than 1,400 hotels in operation and under development. The launch of the group’s new identity is a significant milestone in a five-year operating plan that will transform the business and position it to become the preferred choice for guests, owners, investors and talent.
“Today is the start of an exciting era for the Radisson Hotel Group, united by our new brand and long-term vision to become a top three hospitality company in the world,” said Federico J. González, President & CEO, the Rezidor Hotel Group and Chairman of the Global Steering Committee, Radisson Hotel Group. “Our five-year operating plan includes initiatives that redefine our value proposition, optimize our portfolio, streamline operations, invest in new technology systems and align our team members to deliver on our signature, Every Moment Matters. ‘Every moment Matters’ is about how we do business at the Radisson Hotel Group and who we are at the core – a place of purposeful encounters. For everyone. Everyday. Everywhere. Every time. Our rebranding is just the beginning.”
“The creation of the Radisson Hotel Group is an evolution of our long-term partnership with the Rezidor Hotel Group. Together, we are clarifying and executing a new brand architecture to create more value for our guests and owners,” said John M. Kidd, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Operating Officer, Radisson Hospitality, Inc. “It’s the right time for us to align our strategic and operating plans and go-to-market as one solid player.”
In conjunction with the alignment around the Radisson brand equity, the Radisson Hotel Group has restructured its brand architecture and redefined guest experience pillars to be implemented across all eight brands: (1) Brilliant Basics (2) Memorable Moments (3) Local Experience (4) Feel at Ease.
The brand portfolio ranges from accessible luxury to modern economy with updates including:
- RADISSON COLLECTION™: Radisson Collection will replace the company’s Quorvus Collection brand. Radisson Collection will launch in June 2018 as a premium collection of our exceptional hotels.
- RADISSON BLU®: Radisson Blu will continue to deliver a positive and personalised service in stylish spaces with continued expansion in major cities around the world.
- RADISSON®: Radisson will be introduced in EMEA to serve the upscale segment. The brand will be refreshed in the Americas and Asia Pacific, with changes to its logo and visual identity, product design and guest experiences, that will focus on delivering Scandinavian inspired hospitality.
- RADISSON RED®: Radisson RED, a playful twist on the conventional hotel experience, has rolled out a new product definition and updated logo with a robust growth plan across EMEA and Americas.
- PARK PLAZA®: Park Plaza offers trend-setting designs and captures the energy and style of each individual location. The brand is currently being re-worked to make it more relevant for high-end international travellers.
- PARK INN® BY RADISSON: Park Inn by Radisson will continue to expand its footprint around the world and provide stress-free experiences, good food and upbeat environments in major cities and near airports.
- COUNTRY INN & SUITES® BY RADISSON: Country Inn & Suites by Radisson recently announced a new naming convention adding “by Radisson” to align the brand with the master brand and will stay true to its brand essence of country warmth.
- PRIZEOTEL: prizeotel will continue to grow across EMEA to serve the modern economy segment.
The new brand architecture will also enable new customer-facing benefits and commercial drivers including:
- Radisson Rewards™ is the refreshed global loyalty program (formerly Club Carlson SM), where members enjoy Member Only Rates, have access to exclusive benefits and earn towards free nights. Radisson Rewards™ for Business will drive engagement with professional partners including meeting and event planners, travel agents and executive assistants across all brands.
- Radisson Meetings™ is an enhanced meetings and events offering designed to make every event unique with fully-equipped spaces, on-site contacts and carefully designed menus. It will launch later this year with a multi-brand digital platform.
- RadissonHotels.com is a new global, multi-brand digital platform that will bring an industry-leading online booking experience to guests and professional partners, launching later this year.
Radisson Hotel Group intends to invest significantly over the next five years into platforms and technology, including a comprehensive IT program for integration, new property management and distribution platforms along with new CRM, loyalty and campaign management platforms. It will also make significant investments in rebranding or repositioning more than 500 hotels globally.
Committed to make Every Moment Matter, Radisson Hotel Group will be a true host and best partner, and aims to become one of the top three hotel companies in the world, and the company of choice for guests, owners and talent.