KEYLESS CHECK-IN THROUGH THE SPG APP FOR APPLE WATCH
Starwood Hotels & Resorts is celebrating its newest innovation milestone with the launch of SPG Keyless in the UK, the hospitality industry’s first mobile, keyless entry system allowing guests to use their smartphone as a key. Starting today, members of Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®), the award-winning loyalty programme from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT), can for the first time ever unlock their hotel room door thanks to the SPG App for Apple Watch.
Marrying high-tech and high-touch, the SPG App for Apple Watch is designed to anticipate and respond to the in-the-moment needs of guests from mobile check in, to opening their guest room door, to providing information like the hotel address, room number, confirmation number, and directions and SPG account information with just a glance of the wrist.
“We’re committed to mobile and digital innovation and are excited to be the first hotel company to let guests check in and open their hotel room door with their Apple Watch,” said Mark Vondrasek, Senior Vice President, Distribution, Loyalty and Partnership Marketing for Starwood Hotels & Resorts. “In today’s mobile world, people increasingly expect their technology to help them do whatever they need on the spot. Apple Watch allows us to engage with our guests and give them the information they need instantaneously in a simple yet extremely stylish way. ”
A tap of the finger gives instant access to in-the-moment features including:
- Navigate like a Native: Leveraging state-aware technology, guests receive the hotel address and
directions in both the default and the local language upon arrival in their destination city.
Throughout a guest’s stay, the app shares transportation options including estimated costs.
- Hassle-Free Check-in: Reservation details and confirmation number are front and centre,
ensuring a smooth check-in.
- Unlock Your Stay: After registering for SPG Keyless, the Apple Watch will automatically send
guests their room number and will function as their hotel room key at any SPG Keyless Starwood
hotel allowing guests to bypass the front desk (where available).
- See into the Future: The app will display the hotel name, photo, and stay dates for up to four
upcoming Starwood stays.
- Track Your Status: Members can access their SPG account information, receive alerts about
newly posted Starpoints, and get congratulated when they graduate to elevated statuses
- You’re Speaking My Language: Currently available in English, the SPG App for Apple Watch will
feature Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish languages.