YOTEL appoints new senior management to drive global growth
YOTEL, a global hospitality brand with 22 hotels worldwide, has today announced a series of senior appointments that will drive forward the next phase of the brand’s ambitious global expansion. The roles focus on driving business development and form a centralised commercial brand team, in what is a new model for the business.
Key hires joining the YOTEL team include Edward Pinchard as Chief Commercial Officer; Olivia Donnan as Vice President Brand & Communications; Nader Nawwar as Vice President of Business Performance EMEA; Travis Breen as Vice President of Business Performance USA; Augustin Cacot as Vice President of Demand and promoted to Vice President of Commercial Operations is Clare Bastiman, completing the senior commerical team that report into long standing CEO, Hubert Viriot.
Speaking yesterday from YOTEL New York at The NYU Hospitality Investment Conference, CEO Viriot shared the significant commitment to growing the global footprint of the brand, that the newly formed senior team are tasked with: YOTEL is striving toward a goal of 50 hotels signed, in development or operational by 2025, increasing the current portfolio by 44% in less than three years. Recent openings include YOTEL London Shoreditch and YOTEL and YOTELPAD Miami, the first ever joint hotel and pad (YOTEL’s long stay offering), with YOTEL Geneva and YOTEL Lisbon set to follow shortly.
About the senior team hires:
- Rohan Thakkar has been promoted to Chief Development Officer, leading global growth and technical services for YOTEL. Thakkar joined YOTEL as Development Manager in January 2014 based in NYC was responsible for driving the growth of the US portfolio with the first YOTEL agreements in the key cities – Boston, Miami and San Francisco, as well as the first YOTELPAD & franchise agreement in Park City – and since has been based in London driving the EMEA growth. Thakkar will lead a global team working towards YOTEL’s ambitious growth goals and expand YOTEL’s franchising operation as the company looks to expand in this area.
- Edward Pinchard brings over two decades’ experience in the commercial hospitality sector to his new role as Chief Commercial Officer at YOTEL. Previously, he was Chief Commercial Officer at Freehand Hotels and Generator and Senior Vice President, Sales and Distribution at Radisson Hotel Group, holding roles across the US, Middle East, and Europe. In his new role, Pinchard leads sales, revenue, distribution, and brand globally reporting directly to Viriot.
- Olivia Donnan joins YOTEL as Vice President of Brand & Communications. With a wealth of experience leading marketing, communications, and brand strategy in roles at Marriott International in the US and Europe, Generator, Freehand Hotels, and creative agency BMF, where she worked on global brands including Netflix and Amazon Music, Donnan will drive YOTEL’s brand strategy, strategic partnerships, and communication campaigns, increasing exposure and awareness amongst consumers and partners.
- Clare Bastiman has been promoted to Vice President Commercial Operations leading revenue technology, reservations, and systems distribution for YOTEL. Bastiman has been with the brand since 2020 and previously lead distribution for Principal Hotels. In her new role, Bastiman leads domain and systems management for hotel distribution and drives tactical implementation of revenue management.
- Nader Nawwar has been promoted to Vice President of Business Performance Europe and Middle East, overseeing revenue, sales, and marketing for all managed hotels in the EMEA portfolio. Prior to YOTEL, Nader managed three Residence Inn hotels in London, where he initiated and managed their commercial strategy and direction. In his new role, Nawwar utilises his experience gained in on-property roles to support with hotel ownership and franchise partners.
- Travis Breen has been appointed Vice President of Business Performance USA, leading sales, revenue, and marketing for YOTEL’s portfolio in North America. Breen brings extensive leadership experience in revenue generation, sales strategy, asset management and financial modelling. Prior to joining YOTEL he held the position of Vice President Sales & Revenue for Modus Hotels, Washington DC and was Area Director of Sales & Marketing for Kimpton Hotels.
- Augustin Cacot joins YOTEL as Vice President of Demand leading digital performance, commercial innovation, analytics, and CRM globally. Cacot joins from Duetto where he was VP of customer success for EMEA elevating revenue strategy and driving change management for customers. Prior to Duetto, he was Regional Director of Revenue for the UK city center assets of Starwood Capital managed by Principal Hayley, Four Pillars and De Vere Venues and held roles at Concorde Hotels and The Set Hotels in revenue management positions.
For more information visit www.yotel.com.
YOTEL challenges the status quo by appealing to those who find traditional hotels uninspiring, looking for a different experience not just a great sleep. It delivers an authentic experience through awesome people, smart design and the creative use of technology. Inspired by the luxury of first-class travel and uncompromisingly designed around guests, YOTEL offers extraordinary value and a sense of community in sought after locations.
The global hospitality brand is based in London with regional offices in the US and Asia, and has a portfolio of three brands: YOTEL, YOTELPAD and YOTELAIR. The company operates thirteen city centre hotels in New York, Boston, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Singapore, Edinburgh, London (2), Amsterdam, Porto, Glasgow, Manchester and Park City, and six airport hotels in London Gatwick, Amsterdam Schiphol, Paris, Charles de Gaulle, Istanbul Airport (2), and Singapore Changi.
YOTEL’s major shareholders include a controlled affiliate of Starwood Capital Group, the Talal Jassim Al-Bahar Group, United Investment Portugal and Kuwait Real Estate Company (AQARAT).
YOTEL was originally created by YO! founder Simon Woodroffe OBE who took inspiration from the experience of first class travel and translated that ethos, language and design into small but beautifully designed rooms. www.yo.co.uk.
Visit www.yotel.com for more information.