Boutique & Lifestyle Hotel Summit 2016
Venue: The Montcalm Marble Arch London
Date: 23 – 24 May 2016
Attracting over 250 industry leaders and decision makers, the Boutique and Lifestyle Hotel Summit, May 23-24, The Montcalm Marble Arch London is the annual International hotel conference and exhibition for the sector, helping hotel leaders, cut through the white space and understand changing trends across sectors, geographies and the future guest.
- 15:00 – 18:00 Tour of local boutique hotel – A glimpse behind the scenes of three top London boutique and lifestyle hotels. Venues include: The Wellesley.
- 18:30 – 20:30 Drinks receptions and speed business card swap – Relax and network over a drink or two, and join the speed business card swap, a fast and frantic way to meet lots of your fellow delegates
- 08:30 – 09:20 Registration, breakfast and exhibition
- 09:20 – 09:30 Welcome from Host Piers Brown
- 09:30 – 10:15 The GM Speaks: A group of leading boutique and lifestyle hotel GMs discuss the ever-evolving challenges of their role, and their differing roles and objectives based on the property managed. Moderator: Peter Hancock, Pride of Britain Hotels. Panellists: Melissa Stoman, Draycott Hotel; Eva Mount, The Arch; Susanne Traudt, South Place; Oliver Williams, Ellenborough Park.
- 10:15 – 10:45 Hotel case study 1 – Going independent, Eau Palm Beach Resort in Florida: Hotel owner Simon Lewis takes us on a journey of the key challenges and learning outcomes of successfully deflagging the Ritz Carlton branded, Palm Beach hotel into a top performing lifestyle hotel.
- 10:45 – 11:45 Coffee break and exhibition
- 11:15 – 12:00 Brands v Independents: Should a boutique hotel go it alone or join one of the growing number of soft brands and marketing alliances? What are the pros and cons of each? Moderator: David Keen, QUO Global. Panellists: Philipp Weghmann, Preferred Hotels & Resorts; Larry Spelts, Charlestowne Hotels; Nick Turner, Bespoke Hotels International; Andrew Shaw, IHG
- 11:15 – 12:00 Break out session: F&B round table: An interactive sessions debating trends and developments in boutique and lifestyle hotel F&B. Led by Karen Fewell, Digital Blonde and Olivia Byrne, Eccleston Square Hotel
- 12:00 – 12:40 Turning data in to information: We hear a lot about Big Data, but how can hoteliers use the data at their disposal to improve their businesses’ performance? Panellists: Sarah Fussey, Best Western Hotels GB; Dr Stefan Tweraser, SnapShot; Frank Reeves, Avvio
- 12:00 – 12:40 Breakout session: Design round table: An interactive session discussing how to sympathetically incorporate both art and technology in your boutique hotel designs. Led by Marie-Laurence Camara, Creative Mapping
- 12:40 – 13:15 What motivates boutique and lifestyle hotel owners and investors. A panel of active boutique and lifestyle hotel owners and investors discuss what they look for in aproperty and a transaction, and today’s changing market dynamics. Moderator: Russell Kett, HVS London. Panellists:Baron Ah Moo, International Hotel Services; Michael Hehn, Ruby Hotels; Phil Golding, Cedar Capital; Camil Yazbeck, Patron Capital
- 12:45 – 13:15 Breakout session: Website and social media – spend v reward: How to strike the right balance with your website and social media strategy. Panellists: Elliott Pritchard, Triptease; Greig Holbrook, Oban Digital
- 13:15 – 14:15 Lunch break and exhibition
- 14:15 – 15:00 What we can learn from other industries: Sometimes we all get a bit insular – what can hoteliers learn from leaders in other sectors? Moderator: Simon Taylor, Conde Nast International. Panellists: Marco Nijhof, Value Retail PLC; John Quilter, The Food Busker
- 14:15 – 14:55 Breakout session: Hotel GMs thrive, don’t just survive, in uncertain times. How to return to growth phase levels of performance and ‘entrepreneurial flexibility’. Led by John Grisby, DNA Performance.
- 15:00 – 15:40 The lean luxury phenomenon. Lean luxury, budget boutique, affordable chic, call it what you will but brands such as CitizenM, Qbic and the Hoxton have undoubtedly had a big impact on the industry. What is the secret to their success? Moderator: Mark Jones, Verve Hospitality. Panellists: Jallal Al-Yawer, Hotel Xanadu; Serena von der Heyde, The Georgian House; James Dilley, Jestico + Whiles; Roxane Gergaud, Doris & Dicky
- 15:00 – 15:40 Breakout session: Finance round table. An interactive session looking at the various methods of financing hotel construction and acquisition. Led by Diane Scott, Lloyds Banking Group.
- 15:40 – 16:00 Case Study 2: Our second look behind the scenes of a remarkable hotel project.
- 16:00 – 16:20 Coffee break and exhibition.
- 16:20 – 16:30 Prize Draw: A selection of great prizes up for grabs. You must be in the room to win!
- 16:30 – 17:10 Meet the leaders: A panel of industry leaders discuss the future of the sector. Panellists: Robin Sheppard, Bespoke Hotels; Puneet Chhatwal, Steigenberger Hotel Group; Kike Sarasola, Room Mate Hotels and BeMate.com; Ramesh Arora, Montcalm Luxury Hotels
- 17:10 – 17:20 Summary: Event Host Piers Brown rounds up the day.
- 17:45 – 19:45 Drinks and more networking hosted by The Arch boutique hotel.
Confirmed exhibitors include: Change The Picture; Roche Bobois; Bespoke Hotels; Avvio; Energy Renewals; HVS; Luxury Hotels Group; ReviewPro; Kimpton Hotels; The Montcalm Luxury Hotels; Preferred Hotels and Resorts; Guestline and more.
To purchase tickets, please visit boutiquehotelsummit.com/buy-tickets