Award-winning Red Sea resort will double in size, adding new accommodations, restaurants, recreational facilities, a conference centre and more by the end of 2021.
A major expansion and enhancement project will add 22 hectares (54 acres), doubling the size of the current property and making room for more guest accommodations, dining options and pools, plus an all-new fitness facility and a large conference centre for meetings and destination weddings. A full service on-site PADI centre offers immediate access to one of the world’s top diving and snorkelling destinations.
“Since opening nearly 20 years ago, Four Seasons has been the leading luxury resort on the peninsula, a favourite holiday destination for families, friends and couples from across Europe and the Middle East,” says Simon Casson, President, Hotel Operations – Europe, Middle East and Africa. “Now as we embark on one of the company’s most ambitious expansion and enhancement programmes ever, Sharm El Sheikh is poised to become a truly world class destination for those who crave sun and sea in an authentic luxury setting that only Four Seasons can create.”
When the enhancements are complete later this year, Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh will offer a large collection of luxury suites including multi-bedroom residence-style accommodations with private pools; five new food and beverage concepts; renovated spa and all-new two-storey fitness centre; enhanced recreational facilities including a new PADI dive centre plus tennis and squash courts; and for its youngest guests, an all-new dedicated children’s club. A new state-of-the-art convention centre will more than double the Resort’s event capacity with new indoor and outdoor spaces for up to 2,000 guests.
“We can’t wait to introduce this exciting destination to a new generation of travellers from around the world,” says General Manager Sam Ioannidis. “For the many guests who come back again and again, we have so many surprises in store. Over the years we’ve watched families grow, celebrated important milestones together, set the stage for the most romantic moments, explored the abundant natural world and immersed ourselves in desert culture. Now we have the opportunity to offer our guests so much more, and our team is more dedicated than ever to ensuring that each and every stay with us is fully tailored and completely memorable.”
Blessed with year-round sunshine and an ideal location just 10 minutes from the international airport, guests of the newly expanded and significantly enhanced Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh will have their toes in the sand in no time as they settle in for a holiday to remember.
Families Love Four Seasons
Beginning with an expanded collection of accommodations ranging from connecting rooms to one and two bedroom pool suites, residential-style villas and chalets and the new beachfront Royal Suite, multigenerational families of all sizes will feel at home at Four Seasons. A total of seven outdoor pools – plus the Resort’s private beach – means youngsters can splash about while adults lounge in the sun, and with 12 different restaurants to choose from, every palate will be pleased.
As part of the expansion programme, Four Seasons will introduce an all-new, fully supervised kids club offering a daily schedule of games, arts and crafts, cultural immersion, active play and more. The new facility will have several dedicated activity zones, including a space reserved just for teens.
Highlights include a new 750 square metre (8,000 square foot) ballroom with adjacent pre-function space and 1,150 square metre (12,000 square foot) outdoor garden, and the new beachfront Royal Palm Garden, ideal for a cocktail reception to end a productive day of meetings.
By the numbers, here’s what return guests and those discovering Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh for the first time can look forward to in late 2021:
- The Resort will double in size from 22 to 44 hectares facing the Red Sea against a backdrop of picturesque mountains. Accommodations and dining terraces spill down a lushly landscaped hillside with meandering pathways around the pools, or guests can choose golf carts or one of two funiculars to get to the beach faster or return to their rooms after a long day in the sun.
- Guest accommodations will swell by 89, bringing the total offering to 169 rooms and a remarkable 120 suites and chalets, including 28 new one and two bedroom suites (13 boasting private pools) and a lavish new beachfront Royal Suite spanning 565 square metres (6,000 square feet). The Resort is laid out in the form of an Arabian village, with Moorish-inspired architecture including roof domes, arched doorways framing sea views, and fountain courtyards beneath more than 3,000 palm trees.
- The always creative Director of Food and Beverage Simone Cerea and his team are adding five new dining outlets to the culinary offering, bringing the total to 12 unique food and beverage options ranging from casual poolside grills to Italian specialities, Middle Eastern flavours and family-friendly al fresco dining. New dining experiences will include a pan-Asian concept featuring a teppanyaki bar; Zitouni serving authentic Lebanese dishes; and a stylish Mediterranean-Italian cuisine.
- An all-new Spa featuring 13 treatment rooms and a new 22 metre (72 foot) outdoor lap pool, plus sauna, steam and whirlpool, and a new spa boutique. Spa Director Ina Iordachescu and her team of high trained therapists invite guests into a world of Egyptian beauty, with Bedouin-inspired wellness rituals offered alongside the latest results-driving therapies. Insider tip: Spa therapist Poo will transport guests to Thailand with her sensitive touch.
- A new two-storey indoor/outdoor fitness centre will offer state-of-the-art cardio and weight training, with group classes and private training available.
- Three new outdoor swimming pools, for a total of seven pools across the Resort, including options for families and couples. The one kilometre (3,300 foot) palm-fringed beach gives way to secluded sandy coves against striking limestone cliffs.
- Recreational facilities moving to the expanded resort property include four tennis courts and an indoor squash court, as well as the new beachside PADI dive centre – the only dive centre with access to 76 Red Sea dive sites. Four Seasons guests also have access to complimentary equipment for volleyball, water polo, lawn games and more.
- The new convention centre doubles the capacity of Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh to host events for up to 2,000 participants or guests with nine indoor and outdoor function spaces ranging from 60 to 1,150 square metres (645 to 12,380 square feet) in size. Insider tip: A beautiful setting depends on the details, so be sure to consult with renowned on-site floral artist Malak Taher to customise the space or provide bouquets and boutonnieres for the wedding party.
- Four Seasons is perfectly situated just 10 minutes from the international airport, and the concierge team can arrange easy access to the area’s historic and biblical landmarks, nearby golf courses and myriad desert adventures.Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh