Hypnos appoints new Group Managing Director
Leading bed industry innovators, British family-owned bed manufacturer Hypnos, is fortifying its commitment to inspiring everyone to sleep sustainably with the appointment of David Baldry as Group Managing Director, overseeing the Hypnos Beds businesses serving the interior design, contract and retail markets.
Having worked with leading brands in the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and interior design product sector for over a decade, David brings with him a wealth of international experience across the operational and commercial leadership spectrum.
In his new role, David will report into James Keen, CEO of Hypnos and focus on continuing to drive aspirational brand development, responsible product innovation and connected customer experiences, in addition to leading its pioneering sustainability journey.
James Keen, CEO at Hypnos, comments: “We are delighted to welcome David to the team. With several imminent exciting product launches on the horizon, as well as our continued focus on deepening our purpose-led journey to inspire everyone to sleep sustainably, I am confident that David’s experience will prove a real asset as Hypnos embarks on another pioneering decade.”
“Hypnos is a fantastic brand that is not only globally renowned for its strong 100 year plus legacy as a British bed industry innovator, but it continues to lead the way in sustainable sleep innovation and its mission to offer comfort with integrity to interior designers, hoteliers, consumers and retailers. I am thrilled to be joining such an experienced team at this exciting time.
“I look forward to working with the fantastic team I’m joining here at Hypnos, as well as our carefully selected supplier, interior design, hospitality and retail partners. I’ll be working closely with the teams throughout the business to ensure we go above and beyond when it comes to our commitment to sustainability, decarbonisation and creating supremely comfortable beds. Our goal is to make a positive impact on the environment and society, whilst enabling as many people as possible to sleep sustainably in a Hypnos bed.”
To find out more about Hypnos’ commitment to sustainable sleep, head to www.hypnoscontractbeds.com
- Having manufactured luxury handmade beds for more than 100 years, Hypnos is internationally renowned as the expert in handcrafted pocket spring mattresses and divans. Combining traditional skills with constant innovation and using only the finest natural and sustainable materials, Hypnos has a reputation for making the most comfortable and sustainable beds in the world
- Hypnos was the first Carbon Neutral bed manufacturer in the UK and both their factories have achieved FSC® and PEFC certification, ensuring timber is sourced from managed forests
- In 2021, Hypnos’ long-running commitment to reducing its carbon footprint and creating truly sustainable sleep was recognised with a prestigious ‘The Planet Mark – Carbon Neutral Certification’. In 2021, Hypnos was also awarded the Global Recycled Standard which is given to companies who use recycled materials from socially and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes.
- Hypnos uses eOlus™ sustainable fibre, that’s made from recycled plastic bottles, sourced in compliance with the Global Recycled Standard. To date, by using these fibres inside some of our mattresses, we’ve recycled the equivalent of over 290,000,000 plastic bottles, and helped to prevent the pollution of our oceans and land
- Hypnos has a Royal Warrant, providing not only bespoke beds but advice on sleep and wellbeing to the Royal Family
- Hypnos has been awarded the prestigious Queens Award for Enterprise for International Trade in the 2017 honours list in recognition of its substantial growth and commercial success in international business, as well as receiving it for Sustainable Development in 2020 for its notable sustainable processes and innovations
- Hypnos has been awarded the National Bed Federation’s ‘Bed Manufacturer of the Year’ accolade on several occasions. Having previously scooped the prestigious title in 2011, 2014 and 2017, the ethical business is the first company to have been presented with this award three times