NYCXDESIGN, MAISON&OBJET, and Paris Design Week Announce Collaboration
NYCxDESIGN, MAISON&OBJET, and Paris Design Week have announced a collaboration between these three leading global design events. NYCxDESIGN is New York City’s year-round platform for design, culminating in its annual design festival each May. For 2020, it will take place from 12-20th May. MAISON&OBJET, the international trade fair for the decoration, design, and lifestyle sectors, takes place each January and September. For 2020, the dates are 17th-21st January and 4-8th September. Paris Design Week invites international professionals and the general public to discover the best showcases of design in the French capital each September, overlapping with MAISON&OBJET. The next program will be from 3rd-12th September 2020.
With similar target audiences for the three events, the organizers will identify opportunities where they can develop programs to provide their visitors with unique experiences. Some collaborations being developed include:
- Collaborations on unique installations and exhibitions that can travel to the New York City and Paris shows. The collaborators are in conversations to present these at other destinations as well.
- VIP program for trade attendees to MAISON&OBJET and Paris Design Week guided by US design authorities. This program will include special tours of, and access to, MAISON&OBJET, stays at the latest Parisian hotels, specialty shopping experiences at leading and emerging design boutiques, private viewings at top design galleries, and, of course, exclusive dining at the best of Paris’ ever changing dining scene. A separate program will be created for design-minded consumers, providing them with access to MAISON&OBJET, which is only open to the trade. A reciprocal program will be developed for international travellers to NYCxDESIGN.
- Content development for each organization’s communication channels including web, video, social, and print.
- International launch of Material Bank at MAISON&OBJET. This revolutionary online platform and tool for architects and interior designers provides one-stop access to material samples from hundreds of manufacturers, all delivered overnight in fully sustainable packaging that can be returned, at no charge, with any used samples.
- Cross promotion of each program through the events’ marketing and communication channels.
More details on these and additional ongoing collaborative programs are to follow soon.
“New York City and Paris are two of the top design destinations in the world. It makes perfect sense for us to partner with both MAISON&OBJET and Paris Design Week,” says Edward Hogikyan, Vice President + Executive Director of NYCxDESIGN. “Together we will be bringing the best of design to both the trade and consumers with a passion for design.”
“The design community we work with is a global one and there is a strong connection between France and the United States, between Paris and New York City,” says Philippe Brocart, Managing Director of SAFI, the organisation that puts on MAISON&OBJET. “This collaboration with NYCxDESIGN will create new ways to share creativity, technology, and ideas as we all continue to push the industry forward.”
The planned activities are currently being developed and are expected to launch beginning in January 2020.