Make Hero Spaces with Hive from UNILIN Panels

Posted in Products on 16 March, 2023

Hive is the striking 3D decorative surface panel made with 90% post-consumer wood by UNILIN Panels.

For ‘instagrammable’ hospitality backdrops to smart workspace finishes in offices and merchandising areas in retail, Hive’s 3D geometric structure captures the light to create a subtle hexagonal pattern. Now available from UNILIN Panels, the decorative panel brings a cost-effective, durable and easy to maintain finish suitable for commercial interiors.

Hive panels are available in a range of solid colours and decorative effects. Everest White and Elegant Black are classics, with Dusty Coral, Oatmeal Beige and Sage Green providing a palette of uplifting natural tones. Brushed Steel Blue combines Hive’s hexagon relief with a smart brushed metal for a futuristic edge. Each colour can be used to add a unique and individual look to areas.

Whatever the look, Hive is made with UNILIN Evola-Belspan® 100% recovered chipboard. This is made entirely from recycled wood, with 92% coming from locally sourced post-consumer materials including old furniture. The remaining 8% is wood waste produced by activities like roadside maintenance, sawmills and forest management that’s considered no longer usable by other industries. UNILIN has found a way to give a new life to this wood and making chipboard this way saves over 900,00 tonnes of wood from incineration every year.

The processes developed by UNILIN to recover wood from a variety of sources, also means that once Hive panels have reached the end of their life, they can be recycled back into new panels to complete the loop. This is made possible by an ultra-modern machine that sorts the wood, using a mix of processes including magnets, wind sifters and centrifuges to remove impurities. UNILIN has invested 30million Euros over the past six years to develop the technology.

Hive Evola-Belspan® is made in Belgium by UNILIN and is available to order in 15 working days. It can be used for non-structural purposes such as a decorative wall finish or in furniture construction, cabinets and kitchens. As one of more than 200 options from the UNILIN Evola decorative range, Hive has excellent durability and ease of maintenance, making it a practical choice across a broad range of projects. 

For further information,,

About Unilin Panels
Unilin Panels is part of the Unilin Group and has been delivering innovative wood solutions for construction and interior design projects since 1960. Our panelling is made of chipboard, MDF, HDF, HPL, and melamine and is sold to wood and building material dealers, industrial processors, and DIY chains worldwide. Because of our investments in design and technology, we are a leading international player and a sustainable partner in the sector. We have over 1,300 employees giving their best every day at our sites in Belgium, France, the Netherlands, and Germany. Together, we produce 2.1 million m³ of panelling per year.

Join our mailing list

Click here to Join
  Join our mailing list